Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not necessarily better than yours











So my roommate, Cameron recommended "Relish" a diner in Brooklyn, a few blocks from our place. A diner in every sense of the word: an old stainless steel car with booth seating; something straight out of the 1950's.

I enjoyed my steak sandwich and bottled water (read: tap water in a bottle) in between drawing. The nice staff was playing anything from house to hip hop (ok so not everything was 50's nostalgia) while there was a photoshoot going on behind me.

So I get home and read up on this place and I come to find out that this is where they shot Kelis' "Milkshake" music video (hence this blog's title). That funky lamp up there was even in the video. See it for yourself... Kelis - "Milkshake"

And on an even better note, just after completing this sketch, I found out my niece was born. Happy B-Day Kendall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So when you said Milkshake I was thinking well...of another video and was thinking to myself " I don't think that was in a diner, god I hope that wasn't in a diner.

For some reason this sketch makes me think that there is a certain donut shop somewhere in that apple of yours that you need to do some sketchy sketches in. And then shamelessly and negatively exploit them....you know, like you do.