Thursday, June 28, 2012

Six Seasons and a Movie art show pt. 3: The Aftermath

Note: Please be sure to check out all the links in this post! There are some really talented people I met at this show!
My other entry to the show. How many inside jokes can you spot?


First off, I'd like to say congrats and thanks to the good people of Pixeldrip Gallery. Their hard work paid off with a show that was really fun to be a part of. Special shouts out to Mark Batalla, J Salvador, Annie and Evan for undertaking such a huge task. You guys and the rest of Pixeldrip rocked!


Hit the jump for more pics from the show!



Critics agree: Three out of four thumbs are pictured.
gNat and Dave showed up on Saturday for the general public opening. I think they approve.


MCHS!
Emory, his wife Alison and brother-in-law Michael showed up too! It was awesome to see them and makes being away from home (and "home home") much easier.
Thanks to the artists coming with their A game!


Tony Bui's Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 
Tony Bui, a fellow ShrunkenHeadMan, first told me about the gallery and I was sold. I owe him a lot--first for telling me about the show, and also for driving me around to help me find a shelf to display the work on. 


GenuineHAHA, Britta, Shirley, PHiLMePHLo
or Tony Bui, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Phil

What's cool is we showed our art alongside each other AND even got to meet Gillian Jacobs (Britta) and Yvette Nicole Brown (Shirley)!

Tony and I with Dan Harmon
Later in the night, Tony and I had a quick chat with Dan Harmon and snapped a picture with him.


I dug artwork by Megan Lara (who wasn't there), Kevin Woody and Omo Cat (who were there and I probably passed by several times but didn't meet), Laur Uy and Matt Greenholt (who were there and I DID get to meet and are cool peoples).


by John Trumbull
I was lucky enough to meet the Great John Trumbull who did this great piece to the left. I was laughing and almost crying after seeing this piece.. (Sorry for the blurry pic. Go check out John's DeviantArt page for more great artwork!)
Tine playing "Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne"

Tine played the computer game "Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne" by Kyle Conroy which can be downloaded here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hawkthorne



I met and talk with Gary who travelled all the way from Georgia! Good luck in the future Gary! Maybe see you again soon on the west coast.





with the dolls (and my artwork as well) ;D
Another pic, just for good measure.


Yvette introduced me to Danielle Turchiano, a writer who works for the Examiner and avid fan of the show. She expressed how much she loved the dolls, which is rare but an awesome thing to hear about your artwork. Danielle's blog is here and she also wrote a wonderful wrap-up of the show here.


"Phil and Abed in a PICTURE!"


Last but not least, I returned Sunday to find none other than Abed himself: Danny Pudi! He said he took a picture with my work  (here) and also has a place in his heart for Matryoshka dolls. And I thanked him for...just everything. Super cool and genuine guy.


Thanks again for reading and--if you attended--for attending the #SixSeasonsandaMovie Art Show!


P.S. Stay tuned for info on the print at the top of the page being sold!
My mind on my artwork and my artwork on my mind.

1 comment:

Laur Uy said...

You are super cool too, Phil! :D So glad I got to talk to you and Matt.